1915 Aliceanna St.
Baltimore, MD 21231
United States of America
CATEGORIES & HEADINGSdetails >>
Sheppard T. Powell Associates, LLC (STPA) has provided independent consulting services since 1921 & laboratory services since 1970 to the power, pulp & paper, refinery, sugar and other steam and power industries in the United States, Canada, Caribbean, Central America and South America. With the advent of the combined cycle plants using Heat Recovery Steam Generators (HRSGs), STPA has applied its experience at conventional power plants to combined cycle plants. STPA offers an independent perspective on the following topics.
• Makeup water treatment
• Condensate and feedwater treatment
• Boiler/Evaporator water treatment
• Chemical feed systems
• Steam/water cycle chemistry sampling & online monitoring systems & laboratory testing
• Corrosion monitoring & control
• Cooling water treatment
• Preoperational flushes and chemical cleanings and operational chemical cleanings
• Assess the need to complete a chemical cleaning of boilers and HRSG units.
• Steam Purity
• Metallurgical, failure & remaining life analyses of power plant equipment
STPA’s experienced staff has provided services to assist Clients in the above areas, such as:
• Analyze water (ppb detection of anions and cations), deposit, corrosion product, tube & tube deposit samples in our Laboratory
• Determine the need for chemical cleaning and perform tube cleaning simulations
• Design, engineer and assist in chemical cleaning projects
• Evaluate equipment & system design & specifications for new facilities
• Write specification(s) to procure system(s) and/or equipment for new or existing facilities
• Evaluate bids received from the issuance of specifications
• Provide assistance during the commissioning of new or replacement equipment and systems
• Troubleshoot and help resolve operational, chemistry or corrosion issues in existing facilities
• Develop chemistry guidelines and response procedures and present training seminars
• Audit and Consult on existing treatment, monitoring and control practices
• Perform water side inspections of steam generation equipment as part of an assessment of the success of the water treatment program in controlling corrosion and deposition.
STPA has been commissioned by the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) to develop a number of guidelines for Power Plants and Combined Cycle Units.
We look forward to being your primary resource for consulting services, laboratory services, chemical cleaning evaluation, engineering services, startup and operational services and metallurgical assessments. Should you have a specific request, please contact STPA via telephone (410-327-3500) or the web (www.stpa.com).